- Category: Happening Now
- Published on Tuesday, 19 November 2013 14:21
Karnataka Home Minister inaugurated the new hospital
Bangalore Baptist Hospital, Devanahalli and the District Disability Rehabilitation Center (DDRC) were inaugurated at Devanahalli by the Home Minister of Karnataka KJ George. Speaking on this occasion, the minister appreciated the extensive social and charitable works by the Christian community for the public.
He stated that BBH has achieved tremendous growth, from a small 80 bed hospital to a 300 bed facility, within a short span. Supporting facts and figures were also shared. He also said that the most noteworthy of BBH's achievements is that the services rendered by them are towards the poor, needy and the downtrodden. He added that the true meaning of service is reflected by BBH's approach i.e. compassion and holistic care.
In view of the extensive service offered by the BBH towards the public, the Government is reportedly extending support and aid in various social uplifting and philanthropic activities through various state and national level programmes. He announced the appreciation and support extended by UT Khader, CM Siddharamaiah who has offered to introduce financial support from the Government. On behalf of the government he appreciated all the good work and wished all the best for the future endeavours by BBH.
Several other dignitaries also spoke highly about the service being rendered by the Bangalore Baptist Hospital. Rs 12 lakhs spot donations were announced for the DDRC.
EH News Bureau
- Indian representatives to influence future of global healthcare at Big Change 2013 in Oxford
- HealthKartPlus expands its footprint
- National Neonatology Forum calls for a nation-wide new born screening programme
- Satyamev Jayate and medical ethics: A reality check
- Past Issues
- "Indias wheelchair market is a nascent market with double digit growth rate"
- Of the 37 million blind people across the globe, over 15 million are from India